Friday 5 February 2010

for it can not be done

So for me blogging can not be done every day maybe if i was to blog a few times a week will just be satisfactory. Over the last few weeks i have started my professional project, based on a live brief for fab frocks in westborne www.fabfrocks.co.uk designing for 18-25 and using fabric manipulation as my theme.

Starting with a book The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff. An amazing book with so many things to learn. I decided to work my way through the book chosen manipulation that i though would work best with my designs. So far i have manipulated fabric in to flowers, pleated fabric in different ways to achieve different looks. I intend on carrying these manipulation through out the project trying to achieve the best looks for my designs. i indend on uploading the photos as i go along so keep an eye out.

I have also start taken life drawing classes and where i hope to gain more skills and learn more about the proportions of the body to help me design and construct my garments. I will be uploading photos soon.

kirsty x

No comments: